The members of the Catholic Church of the Diocese of Dromore resident in the parish of Clonduff welcome you to our website. This website is a new venture for the parish community and we hope that it will introduce our community to you. Feel free to browse through the pages, as we add them, and share something of the lived experience of the people of Hilltown, Cabra and the surrounding townlands of South Down. Perhaps you will be encouraged to visit us in person to join our worshipping communities in Ballymaghery, Ballygorian or Cabra churches.
- Catholics call for peace after condemning Charlottesville white nationalist violence August 17, 2017Catholics call for peace after condemning Charlottesville white nationalist violenceWhite nationalists clash with counter-protesters at a rally in Charlottesville, Virginia. Photo: CNS US Catholics have called for peace in the aftermath of violence in Charlottesville, in which three people died and dozens were injured. Catholic bishops, a cardinal and severa
- The rise and rise of pro-choice militancy August 17, 2017The rise and rise of pro-choice militancy by David Quinn August 17, 2017 Abortion advocates’ tactics could backfire as pro-life ones once did, writes David Quinn Pro-choice campaigners. We’re in something of a Catch-22 situation here. If you draw attention to sacrilege you might end up playing into the hands of the sacrilegious. They’re looking for attention
- New nuncio welcomed to Ireland August 17, 2017New nuncio welcomed to IrelandArchbishop Jude Thaddeus Okolo, the new Apostolic Nuncio to Ireland, arrived at Dublin Airport on Monday where he was greeted by several Irish bishops including Cardinal Séan Brady. Archbishop Eamon Martin is currently on pilgrimage in Fatima and Archbishop Diarmuid Martin is on summer vacation. Photo: John McElroy
- African-American Catholics: ending ‘invisibility’ August 17, 2017African-American Catholics: ending ‘invisibility’ by John L. Allen Jr. August 17, 2017 Retired Bishop Gordon D. Bennett of Mandeville, Jamaica, takes a selfi e with attendees during the 12th National Black Catholic Congress. In the wake of Saturday’s carnage in Charlottesville, Virginia, it’s clearer than ever that American society desperately needs help on
- One third of new priests inspired by Legion of Mary August 17, 2017One third of new priests inspired by Legion of Mary by Mags Gargan August 17, 2017 Five of the 15 men ordained to the priesthood in Ireland this year were inspired in their vocation by the Legion of Mary. Fr John Magner (Cloyne), Fr Liam O’Donovan SAC (Pallottines), Fr Rory Doyle OFM Conv. (Greyfriars), Fr Declan Lohan (Galway) and Fr Philip Mulryne OP (Domi