The members of the Catholic Church of the Diocese of Dromore resident in the parish of Clonduff welcome you to our website. This website is a new venture for the parish community and we hope that it will introduce our community to you. Feel free to browse through the pages, as we add them, and share something of the lived experience of the people of Hilltown, Cabra and the surrounding townlands of South Down. Perhaps you will be encouraged to visit us in person to join our worshipping communities in Ballymaghery, Ballygorian or Cabra churches.
- Reds’ novenas attract thousands online June 22, 2017Reds’ novenas attract thousands online by Colm Fitzpatrick June 22, 2017 Children receiving a blessing at the Limerick novena. The Redemptorist Order has revealed that as well as attracting huge numbers to their churches, their annual novenas are now drawing thousands of viewers to watch the services online. Fr Noel Kehoe, rector of Clonard Monastery in Belf
- Chinese officials force Muslims to eat during Ramadan June 22, 2017Chinese officials force Muslims to eat during Ramadan by Chai Brady June 22, 2017 Weeks into Ramadan, authorities in the northwestern region of Xinjiang have punished at least 100 ethnic minority Muslims for breaking the Chinese Communist Party’s ruling. The party have put restrictions on observance of the religious fasting month, an exile group said. Since
- Out & About June 22, 2017http://www.irishcatholic.ie/sites/default/files/DCU%20Camino.jpgSpain: Some of the 24 DCU students who undertook on a two-week walk along the Camino to Santiago de Compostela with their chaplain, Fr Séamus McEntee (first left), who hopes to set up a Camino Society in DCU in September and make the DCU Camino an annual event. http://www.irishcatholic.ie/sites/
- Indonesian priests resign over bishop scandal June 22, 2017Indonesian priests resign over bishop scandal by Chai Brady June 22, 2017 Indonesian priests resign over bishop scandal Dozens of priests from Indonesia have quit their posts after accusing a bishop of embezzling $100,000 (€89,000) of church funds for personal use. Almost 70 priests from the Catholic island Flores, in the Reuteng Diocese, submitted letters o
- Be careful what you wish for June 22, 2017Be careful what you wish for by John L. Allen Jr. June 22, 2017 Crackdowns on Islamic radicalism could have collateral damage, writes John AllenFour years of Pope Francis notwithstanding, it remains generally true in Europe that the more overtly Catholic a political party is, the more likely it is to advocate a restrictive line on immigration. That’s the cas