The members of the Catholic Church of the Diocese of Dromore resident in the parish of Clonduff welcome you to our website. This website is a new venture for the parish community and we hope that it will introduce our community to you. Feel free to browse through the pages, as we add them, and share something of the lived experience of the people of Hilltown, Cabra and the surrounding townlands of South Down. Perhaps you will be encouraged to visit us in person to join our worshipping communities in Ballymaghery, Ballygorian or Cabra churches.
- Christianity gave rise to modern science April 20, 2017Christianity gave rise to modern science by William Reville April 20, 2017 We often hear that Europe is now in a ‘post-Christian era’ and it is fashionable to attribute Western progress from the Enlightenment onwards to overcoming religious barriers to progress. However, much historical research paints a different picture. Most recently, American sociologis
- Over half the country’s population is at risk of starvation April 20, 2017Over half the country’s population is at risk of starvationLetter from SomaliaTrócaire Cholera Treatment Centre, Luuq, Gedo Province, Somalia. Abdi Tari Ali I was on my knees fixing IV drips to patients’ arms as they lay on the ground in a makeshift treatment centre in the town of Luuq in Gedo Province, southern Somalia. I have treated cholera before, but I
- New deacons ordained for Dublin and Clogher April 20, 2017New deacons ordained for Dublin and ClogherFr Hugh Cliff ord (Director of Formation), Fr Thomas Norris (Spiritual Director), Msgr Joseph McGuinness (Administrator, Diocese of Clogher), Msgr Ciarán O’Carroll (Rector), Rev. Seán Mulligan, Archbishop Diarmuid Martin (Archbishop of Dublin), Rev. Robert Smyth, Rev. James Daly, Fr Paul Finnerty (Vice Rector) and F
- Sexual prejudice in well-to-do Rugby College April 20, 2017Sexual prejudice in well-to-do Rugby College by Aubrey Malone April 20, 2017 Handsome Devil (15A)Fionn O’Shea and Nicholas Galitzine star in Handsome Devil. ‘The love that dare not speak its name,’ to quote Oscar Wilde’s famous phrase about homosexuality, has become very vocal in recent times. So much so that we’re almost in danger of replacing homophobia wi
- FF push to condemn Christian persecution as ‘genocide’ April 20, 2017FF push to condemn Christian persecution as ‘genocide’John Reid Fianna Fáil is hopeful that the persecution of Christians in the Middle East will be condemned as a genocide, in a new Dáil motion due to be put before the house before the summer. Speaking to The Irish Catholic, Fianna Fáil’s spokesman on Foreign Affairs, Darragh O’Brien, said that he is in reg