The members of the Catholic Church of the Diocese of Dromore resident in the parish of Clonduff welcome you to our website. This website is a new venture for the parish community and we hope that it will introduce our community to you. Feel free to browse through the pages, as we add them, and share something of the lived experience of the people of Hilltown, Cabra and the surrounding townlands of South Down. Perhaps you will be encouraged to visit us in person to join our worshipping communities in Ballymaghery, Ballygorian or Cabra churches.
- A partnership that’s changing lives October 19, 2017A partnership that’s changing lives by Colm Fitzpatrick October 19, 2017 Colm Fitzpatrick speaks with missionaries about their impact in South Sudan Sr Orla Tracey at the Loreto Primary School In a place of despair, starvation and even death, Irish missionaries have begun to bring hope back into the down-trodden lives of thousands. South Sudan remains one
- How to fuel your inner flame October 19, 2017How to fuel your inner flameEach of us has a divine spark that can fuel our own happiness and brighten the lives of those around us, writes Martina Lehane SheehanMartina Lehane Sheehan Research in positive psychology suggests that while around 50% of our happiness levels are influenced by genetic components, only 10% are attributable to external circumstance
- Priestly celibacy is likely to be a discussion that will rumble on October 19, 2017Priestly celibacy is likely to be a discussion that will rumble on by Michael Kelly October 19, 2017 "The question of mandatory celibacy for most priests in the Latin rite of the Catholic Church has been debated heavily in recent years”, writes Michael KellyPope Francis has convened a special synod meeting of bishops for 2019 that will address issues fa
- Science and the creator God October 19, 2017Science and the creator GodFinding God in the Waves: How I Lost my Faith and Found it Again Through Science by Mike McHargue (Hodder & Stoughton, £9.99)Christopher Moriarty An intense reading of the entire Bible, following a deeply traumatic incident in his life, led the Southern Baptist author Mike McHargue to a spell of atheism which lasted for two yea
- Failure to publish changes hides diocesan difficulties - priests October 19, 2017Failure to publish changes hides diocesan difficulties - priests by Greg Daly October 19, 2017 Archbishop Diarmuid Martin The repeated failure to publish annual clerical changes is having the effect of hiding how the Archdiocese of Dublin is struggling with serious manpower shortages, clergy have said. 2017 will be the second successive year when diocesan c