The site was given by the Earl of Annesley. The inscription on the church reads; Aided by the liberal contributions of Christians of all denominations, the Revd. James Gilmer built this chapel A.D. 1805. The parish priest in 1833 was Rev. Bernard Murphy & in in 1887 was Father Joseph Kearns.
Graveyard attached; graves from 1805
A view of the remodelled sanctuary: