4 km E of Rathfriland on the Kilcoo road
A chapel was built here on Magennis land in 1783 and enlarged in 1832. The present chapel replaced it in 1865 and was extensively renovated in 1934.
For a list of parish priests see Parish History .
List of curates;Rev. M. McClory in 1930; Rev. Michael Gallogly 1930-31; Rev. Patrick Keenan 1931-6; Rev. James Murney 1936-41; Rev. Patrick McCartan 1941; Rev. Peter Campbell 1941-51; Rev. Patrick Francis Boyle 1951-58; Rev. Anthony Owens 1958-62; Rev. John McCauley 1962-67; Rev. Patrick McAnuff 1875-80; Rev. Gerard Conway 1989-81; Rev. Michael McConville 1981-86; Rev. James Masterton 1986-87; Rev. Joseph O’Hagan 1987-2005
PRONI, NLI & LDS have baptisms & marriages & burials 1850-1880, UHF has baptisms & marriages 1850-1900; graveyard attached; graves from 1783.